How to apply Henna to Hair
Mix approximately 1/2 cup Henna powder (you might need more, depends on your hair length) with strong rooibos or ceylon tea, or coffee or red wine to soften the intense red colour. Apply paste to one strand of hair for 15 minutes and wash and blow-dry to gauge intensity before henna-ing your whole head.
To use Henna Powder as a Body Art Paste (Tattoos!)
1. Sift enough Henna to make about 1 1/4 cups dry, sifted Henna powder
2. Add 2 teaspoons Instant Coffee to about 1 1/2 cups of water, place in a pot and boil until it reduces to about a 3/4 cup of dark liquid
3. Mix just enough coffee liquid into the Henna powder to create a thick paste.The hot liquid will make the powder ball up a little, so be sure to mix it into a well-blended and smooth paste
4. Add about 2 TS of Lemon Juice – fresh is best!
5. Add about 5 drops each of Eucalyptus Oil and Clove Oil, and mix in.This should make a thin paste, without being runny. If it is too runny, add a little more sifted Henna powder. If it is too thick, add a little more concentrated coffee liquid, or plain water. Allow the paste to settle and cool for about 2 hours.
100% Organic Henna Powder